Carefully follow these instructions to download and install IBProvider:
- Request a free trial for a download link and activation code.
Get Your Free Trial!
- Use the download link sent to your Email to save IBProviderSetup.zip to your desktop or Downloads folder.
- Unzip the contents of IBProviderSetup.zip to reveal IBProviderSetup.exe.
- Using a local Admin account, double click the setup file and follow the setup wizard’s instructions.
It’s important that you install IBProvider in your Wealth-Lab installation folder. By default, an English installation will be located at:
- [64-bit] C:\Program Files\MS123\Wealth-Lab Developer 6
- [32-bit] C:\Program Files (x86)\MS123\Wealth-Lab Developer 6
IBProvider is installed! Now let’s set it up for the first use.
- Close Wealth-Lab if it’s open.
- Launch IB TWS.
- Open the TWS Configuration (Edit | Global Configuration).
- Click API | Settings and put a check mark next to these options:
- Enable ActiveX and Socket Clients
- Download open orders on connection
- Socket port by default is 7496.
(You can change the port if you have multiple clients connecting to TWS, but I’ll assume that you’ll leave it as 7496.)
- Other options may be configured as you require.
- Click OK.